Baseball gambling is not as popular as other forms of sports gambling. A lot of people just don’t understand how baseball gambling works. However, once you understand it, baseball gambling is one of the best ways to make money betting on sports. There are plenty of money making opportunities for you to take advantage of. The best baseball gambling sites make it easy for you to find and gamble on all of the possible games for a given day.
Baseball Online Sports Gambling Information
To gamble on baseball, you must understand money lines. Money lines are odds given in terms of dollars. If you choose to gamble on the favorite, you will have to bet more than a dollar just to win a dollar. If you decide to bet on the underdog, you will win more than a dollar if you wager a dollar. For example, if odds of -175 are listed next to a team, you will know they are the favorite. You have to gamble $175 just to win $100. The underdog will have a plus sign next to their odds instead of a minus sign.
Run lines are also important in baseball gambling. They are similar to the point spreads used for other sports. The only difference is the run line is almost always fixed at 1.5 while point spreads can be any number. The favorite on the money line will also be favored to win with the run line. If you gamble on the favorite, they must win by more than 1.5 runs for you to win. If you wager on the underdog, they must win outright or lose by no more than 1.5 runs for you to be successful. The major difference between betting on the run line instead of the money line is that you will now get more money for successfully betting on the favorite. The odds generally switch because the underdog is given 1.5 points. Even if they lose by 1, you will still win.
Qualities of Top Rated Baseball Betting Sites
As we’ve mentioned, gambling on baseball is not as popular as on some other sports – despite the general popularity of the game itself. However, you will still find that most sports betting sites and online bookmakers will let you wager on baseball. This is particularly true for gambling sites that are US focused. When you are deciding where to wager on baseball, you will have a number of betting sites to choose from, and it is a good idea to choose one that has certain qualities. We believe that the following attributes are particularly worth considering when looking for the best baseball gambling sites.
- Depositing and Withdrawing. Before you can place any kind of online wager, you will need to be able to get your funds on line. The best baseball betting sites offer a variety of banking methods for depositing to your online account and make the process as easy as possible for customers. They will also process withdrawals in a reasonable time frame so you can cash out any winning quickly.
- Bonuses, Free Bets and Promotions. With so many different gambling sites out there, the top sites work very hard to attract new customers and retain existing ones. One method they use for doing this is by giving customers added value in the way of bonuses and free bets. For example, new customers will usually be entitled to a sign up bonus and regular customers might be offered free bets if they make a certain amount of wagers in a month.
- Layout and Usability of Site. The best baseball gambling sites are well laid out and very user-friendly – making it easy for you to find what you are looking for. Most gambling sites will make the process for placing a wager as simple as possible, which is exactly as it should be.
- Minimum and Maximum Wagers. This is something you should definitely look at if you like to make particularly small, or particularly large, bets. Some gambling sites are specifically geared towards high value bettors so if you prefer to bet for small stakes then these obviously won’t be right for you. Before opening an account with an online bookmaker, you should always check that you will be able to make the level of wagers that are comfortable with.
- Types of Wagers Available. You may prefer to stick to gambling on baseball just using simple moneyline bets, but some bettors like to place a range of different wagers. The top baseball betting sites will usually offer a range of different wagers that you can place – such as prop bets, handicap bets, or outright bets.
- Competitive Prices/Odds. Making a profit at baseball gambling is much easier if you use a betting site where the odds are competitive. Some bookmakers make a habit of ensuring their lines and prices are the best in the market place, or at least close. Over time, a small difference in the odds can make a big difference to your bottom line, so you should always look to bet somewhere competitive.
When we are deciding which online gambling sites to list on this site, we take all of these attributes above into consideration. Some of these might be more relevant to you than others and ultimately you should be looking to sign up somewhere that is right for your own personal preferences. You might also like to consider some of the following factors too.
- Range of Betting Markets. The best baseball gambling sites allow you to wager on a variety of baseball matches and leagues – such as Major League Baseball and NCAA Baseball. You may also enjoy betting on other sports too; in which case you should sign up at a gambling site that covers a range of sports in addition to baseball.
- Quality of Customer Service. The best betting sites will provide quality customer service that is available 24 hours a day. Ideally, they will provide options for contacting them by telephone and email and preferably have a live chat option too.
- Additional Features. Some baseball gambling sites will have a few extra features which you find interesting or helpful. For example, some will provide results and in-depth statistics on their website – to help you do your research and analysis. Some will publish regular articles and interviews too, to help you get a greater insight into the sport. Most betting sites will also have a feature where you can check you wagering history in great detail, and this can help you look for where you have the most success.
- Licensing and Regulation. This is often overlooked by bettors, but is a very important point. We will only ever recommend gambling sites that are fully licensed and subject to regulation. We strongly advise you to avoid any gambling sites that do no hold a correct gambling license.
- Reputation and Security. You could do a lot worse than stick to those betting sites that have good reputations. The top sites have mostly been around for a while and proved themselves to be reliable. It’s also worth noting that the best sites employ security measures to ensure the privacy of your personal details.